[greg landrum]: I'm concerned about the requirement that plugins "MUST run cross platform" Doesn't this language explicitly ruleout any plugin that includes extension modules?
No, not _all plugins_ must work, but the core plugin architecture must. Tree 15:04, 23 April 2010 (UTC) (Jason)
May 3, 2010
In attendance: Nathan Baker, Mike Beachy, Greg Landrum, David Gohara, Yong Huang, Jay Ponder, Jason Vertrees
Additional ideas people wanted to see implemented:
- As scripts will be accessing internal data for computation, improved access to PyMOL internal data structures, like DX maps, is required.
- I/O for maps is the rate limiting step;
- data structures can be large, so skipping the disk would also be nice
- Skeleton code for plugins would help people write new ones; good tutorial as well; we need to make things easier for the novice
- Make a new site for plugins: plugins dot pymol dot org?